Monday, March 23, 2015

Connecting -- dissecting

It was another night at my local pub. My old neighbors and friends called me to join them. I brought photos going back nearly twenty years. Photos of our kids growing up together. Of us traveling as families.

Such good times. And here on the eve of selling the only home my kids have known, a decision on what mood to strike.

Easy to get melancholy -- so many changes.

But I keep thinking about the Mr. Rogers' quote: don't be sad it's over. Be happy that it happened.

--
I shared with them the latest I have learned. Of Quito and the funny connection to Oregon with the Willamette grads operating the hostel I will be staying at.

They seemed joyed at my joy -- or the anticipation of joy.

It was good to share. My old neighbors are planning a bon voyage party for me before I go.

Their love is the wind beneath my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment