Sunday, April 26, 2015



A sense of peace is falling over me. At least for this moment. As I look toward getting on a plane and heading out.

I know where I will land. Where to go to stay the night. It will be in the morning around ten local time, so I will have time to get settled and look around a bit. It will be a Saturday night and maybe I will head across the street to the northwest style brewpub.

The next day I am guessing I will awake to the sounds of a church bell. A good day to  walk around the neighborhood and watch the rhythm of a city as it goes to church.  I will stay in Quito for a week -- flying out to Cuenca at 9 am on Saturday. It is a 55 minute flight down the Andes. Pila -- my landlady -- is arranging for someone to pick me up at the airport.

For at least the next week, I will stay in Pila's home in El Centro, the oldest part of town. I am starting  to know the layout of Cuenca and expect by the time I arrive -- it will seem almost familiar. Hence a sense of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment