Monday, May 4, 2015


Saturday 27 june 2015 09:15Quito (UIO)10:10Cuenca (CUE)XL1541Economy-VMaximum 2 pieces which weigh 23 kg in total


Here it is. Another step for me. My first booking of an international intra-country flight. Not a big deal I guess. But it is significant to me. First time I've done this. Won't be the last.

I've figured out the broad strokes on the canvas for three weeks. Next, a week in Peru with a trip to Machu Picchu.

So I was trying to figure out how to get back to Portland from Lima. But the flights sucked. First leg left at midnight and final leg included a five hour layover in San Francisco.

I couldn't figure out how to make it work. So instead of getting pissed off, I just walked away from the computer and did something else.

When I worked for Higher Education Chancellor Tom Bartlett, I would often hear Tom say, "If you can't answer the question -- change the question."

So if I can't find the flight home I want, then let's come up with another question.

Or as my coming of age favorite writer, Hunter Thompson used to say, "when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

No comments:

Post a Comment