Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Last night in Mantanita

Tomorrow is a translation day   
I move from one place to another.  
I try and put appropriate attention to getting to the right place.  
So far it's worked out. 
The Guayaquil bus terminal was probably the most challenging with its size and mostly indigenous clientele.  
That is to say it wasn't geared towards gringos.  The last week I've used my Spanish more often.  
I still suck.  But I'm trying and that comes through.   And  probably picking up more than I realize now.    
My back is finally complaining about the beds I've been on. This most recent the softest.   

Tomorrow I've hired a driver to show up at 730 for a sometimes four hour ride to Guayaquil airport. 
My plane is at 140 so I've built in time for things to fall to shit and still make flight.  Not the same without Edie's precision.   More of a blunt instrument than an elegant ballet.  
I do have "junior" picking me up at the airport and taking me to his dad's hotel.  The place exudes charm so I'm excited to spend 2 nights there outside of Quito.  
Airport is an hour outside of town and a wreck nearly made
Me miss my flight to Cuenca. So I'll chill tomorrow night.  Then Friday is wide open so I may hire junior to take me to the craft market.  
First thing Saturday morning I'll be headed to Mexico City then LA then pdx.  Wake up in Ecuador.  Lunch in Mexico and dinner in LA before pdx just prior to midnight.    Sunday I wake up in my own bed for the first time in four weeks.      

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment