Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday in Montanita

Tuesday.  On the beach.  At Shanka beach bar.   
Went into town as usual    Chatted with my friend who owns the pipe shop.  He was interested in the pot legislation in the states.  
We talked about doing business here in Mantanita.  To my eyes it looks overbuilt from a business standpoint 
But labor costs are lower so the amount of customers its takes to keep a pace open differs here.  
Also it's seasonal. 
Through dumb chance I am here for the best weather and the fewest crowds.  
In January this place is packed with Europeans.  
So I guess it's a bit like Christmas shopping for US retailers.  (Or summer for Yogurt Shack).  You make enough profit at one time of year to let you stay open the rest.    

Reflection time.  It seems
Forever ago that I
Landed in Quito.   I'm glad I journaled and took as many photos as I did because of such a crowded palate of images.   Experience.  People.  
I can hope this trip helped me
See through the viewfinder 
Rather than the mirror.  

Never was that more acute than this morning when the first thing that popped up was the unasked for photo from exactly two years ago. 
It was a view of Frizzel campground.  Last time the parker four were there together.  
That annual event took place this weekend. My son in NYC and his dad somewhere on the beaches of South America.   
No matter how fond they are
We can't go back to where we've been.  We can only dream new dreams
Maybe better dreams
Before the last revolving circle ends.   

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment