Sunday, May 10, 2015

Something different happened last night.
I was talking about the affection I feel for the teachers I work with.
Every day, 6-8 of us gather at a table in our shared work room.
I was sharing a story about Tom. How much I enjoy his easy going nature.
We sometimes kid that it is even childlike.
He owns a pet turtle. He named her Dusty.
She hybernates in the winter and recently Tom has been excited in our lunch talks  ...Dusty is awake!
The other day, Tom was excited to bring in a video of Dusty walking.
He pulled it up on his phone.
Here was a turtle.  Still. Still.
Then one leg moves.
Tom shouts, See!

Something about his childlike wonder gave me the gigles.
And then it happened.
I opened my mouth and laughed out loud.
And laughed until I cried with tears of laughter.

May 9, 2015  -- my first belly laugh in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment