Monday, February 16, 2015

Tickets in hand -- four months and counting


I remember working for Chancellor Tom Bartlett in the High Ed department. Tom was a pretty serious academic. But he also had this very Zen side to him. When things would go crazy, he would say -- if you don't like the answer, change the question.

So I couldn't get to Ecuador on the airline and route that I wanted. With some help from my favorite travel expert Edie -- she suggested a different approach.

I changed the question. Found an answer I liked and now will be flying Aeromexico to Ecuador in June 19 -- in business class.

I do hope this exercise teaches me to be more flexible. International travel comes with risks and the unexpected and unpredictable. God grant me the grace to laugh when things go crazy -- and respond with a different question.

Another cool thing about my new route to Ecuador is that I will now be traveling through Quito. Along with Cuenca, it was built in the 16th Century and is a world heritage site. So in the next few weeks I will be doing my normal exhaustive research on Quito.

I am actually starting to get excited now.

No comments:

Post a Comment