Thursday, February 12, 2015

What can be learned from travel


I learned something I need to learn yesterday.
My preferred flights to Ecuador were not to be found online -- anywhere.

In there place were more expensive and more ridiculous flights and routes.
My preferred route was a 14 hour, all in first class route.

Yesterday -- coach and up to a 36 hour flight with 10 hour layovers in Chicago and other cities.

Oh how I hate to be inconveienced. 

Two good friends counseled me on this. One said, just take a different date.
Then I realized I was just being inflexible.

The other friend said, this is one of the first lessons of travel -- of letting go.
OK, that's two problems Greg has in learning to be a -- a what, vagabond?

Sheesh, talk about the need for attitude adjustment.

Then of course, what do I do next?
Yes -- overcompensate. 
Well maybe I'm not going to Ecuador if it's going to be this much of a hassle.

What a baby.

So let's take a breath.
Put on your big boy attitude.
And let's see how we can work this through -- maybe use some flexibility.
Try and enjoy the challenges that getting outside our comfort zone can bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment