Saturday, February 28, 2015

To think or overthink


I had a great time catching up with Bill and Lisa last night down at the backstop pub. I was able to talk to them about some of the things that I've been thinking about in terms of travel. Lisa has been following me on this blog. And she had some feedback that was similar to others that I've received from people. 

One of them is not to over research or  overthink travel. But go to another country and to be in the moment. I suppose it is a balance between being prepared and overthinking it. I'm guessing that there were going to be sold anything.

I am guessing that there will be so many things that I will not have researched or anticipated, that there will be plenty of time to be in the moment. The real challenge for me, the real growth for me will be how I respond to it. Whether I get frustrated because I hadn't researched it or anticipated it. Or whether I look upon it as a crossword puzzle and something to be solved. I hope the latter is the case.


________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment