Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 3- no suitcase, now no daypack

A good friend (who happened to save my life) sent me a travel article that said travel is not for the faint of heart.
I said I wanted to not just find myself but prove myself on the road in a distant place on my own.
Aeromexico says they think they found my suitcase. "We won't know until a plane full of them show up today."
And then today -- lunch. I didn't follow my own rules and my daypack got snatched.
Oh well, another story. (like going to emergency room after a chemistry experiment in my blood system with high altitude medicine).
Not a victim -- just a tonto gringo.
(People my age will remember that the Lone Ranger called his sidekick that. Spanish slang for stupid).
Nothing that can't be replaced. But dang, my favorite travel brush.....gads.
But now I travel lighter.

So what do I do? Well wash out one of my two pieces of underwear and visit the NW style brewpub.
I am sitting on the stool for about a minute before a guy who looks like Bill Stobie walks by and slaps me on the back and says, "hey Greg Parker."
It is the owner -- a Willamette U grad who I met yesterday.
Hey this is just like the Backstop -- people know my name.

I started with three pieces of travel gear. Now I am down to my main packback.
Maybe the universe is saying, lighten up

No comments:

Post a Comment