Friday, June 19, 2015

June 19 -- day 1. I am underway. All systems go. Seem to have everything I need.  Oddly my checked suitcase was only 28 pounds.

Of course my daughter Cate points out, Ive had six months to prepare. But its been a great six months. At a time when I was struggling for focus, this adventure provided diversion and entertainment. Plus I love packing. Ive been getting ready all my life for this trip.

First leg - PDX to Dallas
Went great. But whats to complain when you splurge and go first cabin. Dallas airport is huge. But I find it manageable.

It is odd to my ears to hear so much overhead PA annoucing for passengers. I guess PDX uses TV monitors. But it is no easy job calling out passenger names when they are made of sounds not found in the English or Latin languages.

Having a beer at a second floor Italian retaurant. Recharing the Iphone and checking email.

Next, my first experience of Aeromexico and on the Mexico City.

No comments:

Post a Comment