Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday evening at Goza.  One of my favorite wine bars.  Sitting outside watching futball on an outdoor TV.   Yes another glass of Argintine Malbec.

One of the expats invited me over today and we did something very routine.  Took the bus and went grocery shopping    It was fun to see what it would be like to live here.

Again walked all over the place.  Getting pretty familiar with this place.  Spainards did a great job of laying out cities.  

After 9 days I finally needed to do laundry.   There are many places to drop off laundry where they wash and fold and get it back to you the next day.  Because this transaction involved some new words in Spanish I spent some serious effort preparing for it.  
So I walk in and explain what I need.

Sweet lady behind counter said in perfect English
"You can continue in Spanish if you wish but I speak English. "


Turns out she is a retired professor from the university of Cuenca and is helping run her 95 year old fathers cleaning business.  It's ok.  I learned the word for laundry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment